|Meditation typically does not involve putting a sock on a tree, but it couldn't hurt.|
While many of you have your own techniques, this is what most of us do. Note that we typically sit in a comfy chair while we meditate. We don't use specific hand gestures, sit zazen, or chant while burning incense, though some people do do these things. Don't get hung up on traditional forms. It's the meditation that counts, not how you do it.
Once you practice a little, you'll find you can get into a meditative state within seconds. We also practice doing this while walking, driving, being out in the world, dropping into "the zone" literally anywhere and at any time. It takes practice. Fasting also helps with meditation, but you don't have to. Just don't eat a heavy meal of meat and alcohol and expect to be able to get into a meditative state easily. We try to meditate 2-3 times a day, morning and evening, with one in between if we can manage. Do what you can.
Note that there's no specific amount of time you need to meditate for it to make it effective. Five minutes is better than nothing, and three hours seems a bit much, unless something good really has your attention. You should note that you may START TO LOOK YOUNGER the more time you spend meditating, as meditation takes place outside of time. We all look pretty old, so it's kinda hard to tell. (Plus, it's hard to see under all this fur.) Anyway, what you're basically doing is plugging yourself back into SOURCE, by way of the Oversoul. There is no better way to start or end your day.
Schrodinger's OTHER CAT's Meditation Primer 101
1. Sit comfortably, someplace quiet. Close your eyes. Ground yourself to the center of the earth with a cord (color of your choice) attached to your base chakra.
NOTE: WE NOW SUGGEST "GROUNDING UP" WITH CORDS TO THE *NEW EARTH* WHICH IS ABOVE YOU, ABOUT 30 FEET -- OR YOU CAN STILL GROUND TO THE CENTER OF THIS EARTH, IF YOU LIKE.
2. Then imagine a BIG ball of SOURCE light all around yourself, big enough to completely surround you. Say, "Infinite SOURCE light all around me." The origin of this energy is within YOU.
3. Say to yourself: “Only those with my greatest good in mind are welcome past my protection.” [This is important.]
Once you get comfortable with Steps 1-4, you can try asking for a spirit guide. You can be general, or specific. Just say, "Brother J, you are welcome," or whomever you choose. Pay attention to your feelings. If you feel fear at any time, STOP. Say, "HOLD IT," reset protection and start over. It's like being on the holodeck. You're in control of the situation.
NOTE: YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO SAY, "NO POSSESSIONS!" WHICH MEANS, NO TRUSTED BEING IS ALLOWED PAST YOUR PROTECTION WHILE THEY THEMSELVES ARE POSSESSED. THIS HAPPENS.
4. Empty your mind and relax. Pay attention to what happens. If you hear a tone, concentrate on it. Don’t try to steer the meditation. Give yourself to the Oversoul, your higher self. It knows what's best for you.
NOTE1: We strongly advise you to NOT contact other beings/ETs/spirits if you're just starting out. You need to develop a feel for what's actual and what's a trickster. Even advanced practitioners have been fooled, sometimes by beings possessed by dark beings (sneaking under your protection), or impersonating them. It takes time to discern.
NOTE2: Once you turn your meditation "light" on, all kinds of things can come out the woodwork to try and startle you.
NOTE3: Special caution to anyone reading this who is underage. We strongly advise those underage to consult with a qualified adult before beginning any of this work. Young people who "turn the light on" are huge targets in the spirit world. You often are attractive to Team Dark anyway because the changes you are going through have a great energy associated with them, and you kinda stick out like a sore thumb. BE CAUTIOUS. Some have foolishly tried to contact beings they thought were benevolent, but didn't set protection properly and had some bad/weird experiences. Note that possession can only happen WITH YOUR PERMISSION. So, break out a whole pocketful of "NO." As a being of light, YOU ARE IN CHARGE. There are LOTS of trickster spirits out there; not all are malevolent, but merely... tricky. We personally don't understand why trickster spirits do what they do, as it lowers their vibration and makes their path a longer one, but... what're ya gonna do? You need to be careful when venturing into the spirit realm. There are lots of things out there who LIVE to trip you up. It doesn't do any good to label them, or try to fix them. If they show up, show them the "NO" hand and shine them on. Remember: your will is the Will of SOURCE. (Like our Minds, we're all just borrowing SOURCE's WILL. We'll have to one day give both back.)
NOTE4: NEVER USE A OUIJA BOARD.
NOTE5: PAY ATTENTION TO SMELLS. Certain beings/spirits have energy that some people can "smell." If it smells good vs. bad...
There are some nasty things out there in the spirit realms, so you need to be careful. Don't be paranoid, but don't be foolhardy. The good news is that nasty spirits, like all others, HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES. Yes, there are rules, most involved with WILL and INTENT. Your WILL is infinitely strong. Read that again. If faced with a nasty entity, for whatever reason, just exercise your WILL and push your hand out [mentally] and say, "You need to leave NOW. Go to where you're better served." No need to be rude, but be firm. Since you're in a body, you technically outrank all lower entities, and even some higher ones. Additionally, if at any time during your waking day you have what we call an "attack thought," which is any negative thought that intrudes -- or you start arguing in your head -- recognize it, grab it, attach a grounding cord to it, and drop it to the center of the earth.
You don't need The Event if you make a connection to the Oversoul yourself.
Read that again. You are your own Event. Technically, you're already connected to SOURCE, the Oversoul, all of us. It's good to remember that. You're never alone.
1. Some people, CATs included, like to hold crystals in their hands while they meditate. You don't have to, but sometimes it helps if you have too much energy. We use amethysts, amatrine, citrine, clear quartz, jade, moldavite, etc. We encourage you to experiment with this. If you go to a rock shop and touch lots of different crystals, you'll probably find that you have an affinity for a certain type.That's enough for now. Happy meditating!
2. Try meditating in the sunlight. Throw a cord to the sun from your 3rd chakra.
3. Try meditating with others on a specific topic. This works exponentially. One person meditating on a topic is X power. Ten people meditating on a topic is X^10 power. A million people meditating on a topic can change worlds.
4. When out in the world, feel free to throw grounding cords on other people (that is, a cord attaching THEM to the center of the earth, not them to YOU) if those people seem crazy, angry, out of sorts, driving too fast, inebriated, annoying, sad, etc. This works well. Just throw the cord and forget it. Trust that your Higher Self is working for you -- because It is, 24/7/365.
|DO NOT meditate with a red plastic cup on your head and crawl across a parking lot EVER.|